Total Pageviews

Friday, April 15, 2011

Dead Kennedys - Give Me Convenience Or Give Me Death

Released : June 1987
Recorded : 1979–1987
Genre : Hardcore punk
Length : 51:26
Label : Alternative Tentacles

"Is my cock big enough... is my brain small enough.....for you...to make me....a star..?"
The spoken word stuff is great. "The Prey" is like a weird film noir without the film....very creative. And of course the fucking songs kill..... I have been listening to this band for over twenty years and they still blow my mind; Jello et. al. did so much with what can be a bit of a one-dimensional genre - hardcore - and made incredible thought provoking savage art....simply tremendous punk rock. It's art, I tells ya, REAL art.

Tracks

1. Police Truck
2. Too Drunk To Fuck
3. California Über Alles
4. The Man With The Dogs
5. Insight
6. Life Sentence
7. A Child And His Lawnmower
8. Holiday In Cambodia
9. I Fought The Law
10.Saturday Night Holocaust
11.Pull My Strings
12.Short Songs
13.Straight A's
14.Kinky Sex Makes The World Go 'Round
15.The Prey
16.Night Of The Living Rednecks
17.Buzzbomb From Pasadena


download

No comments: